Built in 1913 by local lumber magnate, Simon Benson, this venerable hotel is housed in one of the most important landmark building in Portland that is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Everything in the venue speaks of tradition and respectability, which has been established and preserved throughout its century long history. Guests will appreciate the complimentary coffee or tea and newspapers that are available in the lobby every morning and the tea and cookies served by the fireplace every afternoon. All wine connoisseurs may join the evening wine tastings offered in the wine cellar. And the pampering of the guests doesn't stop here, each guestroom features original artwork, brass lamps, velvet throw pillows and European entertainment systems with flat-screen TVs. Its location in the Pearl District makes it ideal for both sightseeing and shopping.